Console + Tape Machine emulation
recreates a full-analog mixing workflow
TAPEDESK: full analog mixing workflow into a plugin
Overloud TAPEDESK combines a Tape Machine and multiple Console models into a single plugin, to replicate the warm tones of an analog mixing workflow.
- Simulation of 3 legendary analog consoles
- Simulation of a 2 inch 24-track tape machine
- Faithful interactions between the console and the tape machine
- Precise metering in any point of the sound chain
- Simulation of all transformers in the original units
- Very low CPU usage: all your tracks can have one
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
In the real world, a tape machine is always physically connected to a console.
Sound enters into the console’s preamplifier, gets fed into the tape machine and is recorded to tape. From there the tape is played back and the audio again hits the console for mixing into its stereo bus.
Recreating this process using separate components is fairly complex but it is the only way to actually replicate the experience of mixing in analog. TAPEDESK automates all of these separate processes for you; you only need to insert the plugin on your tracks and enjoy the experience of mixing in an analog world.
Overloud TAPEDESK features a hyper-realistic simulation of a 2 inch 24-track World Class Tape Machine from a renowned UK studio.
Any piece of the sound path has been simulated in order to recreate the authentic analog vibe of the original tape machine.
You can control any kind of tape parameters, from tape speed to head biasing, in order to have full control on the tonal palette.
Overloud TAPEDESK emulates the complete signal paths of three legendary analog consoles, used every day of the last 20 years to create thousands of hits inside the world’s finest studios.
Wide and somewhat aggressive kind of character that made it the first choice for rock, metal and pop music.
Rich, warm, English sound which can give your mix some classic vibe.
Particularly sought-after console, with a thick, fat tone and a renowned personality due to its midrange push.