The Revolutionary Simulation of the British VCA Master Bus Compressor
Comp G VCA Master Bus Compressor
Overloud Comp G is the revolutionary simulation of a legendary VCA Master Bus compressor.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation dsp technology
- Built-in Parallel Compression
- Built-in Mid-Side Processing
- Built-in filters on the Sidechain
- Continuous time and ratio selection
- Low CPU usage: more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Beyond the original hardware
Comp G goes beyond the mere simulation of the original unit, by adding features not available in the hardware, like the mid-side processing, the parallel compression and and EQ on the sidechain
“A G-Comp with a mix knob and sidechain? Yes, please! I’m loving this compressor.”
- Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry, Mika, OneRepublic)
Built-in Parallel Compression
Parallel compression is a powerful mixing technique which helps improve the overall impact of the track while leaving the transients intact. It is achieved by summing the compressor output to the original track: with Comp G you do not need to create complex routing inside the DAW: just turn the Parallel knob!
Built-in Mid-Side Processing
You can separately compress the Mono (Mid) and Stereo (side) elements of the track, using different compression settings for each. This gives you complete control on the dynamics. For instance, you can squeeze the stereo aspect to tighten the room mics and get an in-your-face drum sound.
Built-in Low Cut on Sidechain
You can tweak a Low Cut filter on the Sidechain to reduce the compressor sensitivity to low frequencies. This is particularly useful to control the amount of "pumping" effect for audio program with lot of pulsating bass frequencies.