Comp LA - Optical Compressor Suite
Overloud Comp LA is the revolutionary simulation of two legendary optical compressors into a single plug-in. The 2A version is tube-based and delivers a warmer, harmonically rich tone. The 3A version is solid-state based and has a faster attack, cleaner tone.
- NEW! Resizable graphic interface
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the opto-attenuator and of the dual stage release curve
- Built-in Mid-Side Processing
- Built-in Parallel Compression
- User-controllable harmonic generation amount and metering
- LF sensitivity (R37) control
- User-selectable Ultra Oversampling mode
- Low CPU usage: more than 500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Comp LA extends the features of the original hardware: it combines the flexibility of the digital world to the sound character of the analog processing.
Select the 2A (Tube) mode with a harmonically richer tone, and the 3A (Solid State) mode with a faster attack time and a more transparent tone
You can control the amount of generated harmonics. Increase or reduce their content compared to the original behaviour and monitor its amount through the meter.
You can separately compress the Mono (Mid) and Stereo (side) elements of the track as well as enable the Parallel Compression without using external bus or MS matrix.
The 2A model has the electro-luminescent light powered by a tube, while the 3A uses transistors. Tubes can provide less current than transistors, so their response to attack transients is softer and has more harmonics due to the slight distortion introduced.
Opto attenuator and Dual Stage release
At the heart of the original unit there is a photo-cell coupled with an opto-attenuator, which are faithfully reproduced into the Comp LA plug-in.
The photo-cell provides a very natural dual-stage release which results in a very characteristic compression response, more transparent than that of other compressors:
- 70 ms for first half of the release
- 500 ms to 5000 ms for second half of the release (depends on first stage reduction)
COMPOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE AND SAVE
You can purchase a bundle of 3 or 5 plug-ins and unlock the Gem plug-ins of your choice.