EQ550: Proportional Q American EQ
Overloud EQ550 is modeled after a renowned American EQ created with custom op-amps. It has a Proportional-Q design, meaning that the bandwidth of the filters becomes narrow when the gain of the filter increases. For low gain settings the EQ delivers a smoother tone: its character becomes more and more aggressive when the bands gain band is raised. This design makes the EQ550 unique.
- NEW! Resizable graphic interface
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original Proportional Q equalizer, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
- 5 bands eq: 2 shelving/peaking, 2 peaking, 1 bandpass
- Individual band Cue
- Continuous frequency selection
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
EQ550 extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing.
The Cue button allows to hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band.
While the original hardware has preset frequencies only, the EQ550 allows to select all the intermediate frequencies.
While the original hardware has one Mid band only, we added a second band for increased flexibility.
"You guys nailed this one!
It's the definite replacement for the 550!"
- Koen Heldens (Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Timbaland, Missy Elliott, Rihanna)
A UNIQUE TONE
PUSHING THE EMULATION TO A NEW LEVEL
EQ550 emulates one of the most desired EQ module in the history of recording and mixing.
It has a Proportional-Q design, meaning that the bandwidth of the filters becomes narrow when the gain of the filter increases. For low gain settings the EQ delivers a smoother tone: its character becomes more and more aggressive when the bands gain band is raised. This design makes the EQ550 unique.
EQ550 exactly reproduces the original frequency response even in the highest-end of the spectrum, near the Nyquist frequency, which is the point where most of the digital simulations fail. Thanks to a proprietary DSP technology, Overloud has been able to achieve this result with no phase distortion and without using oversampling.
COMPOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE AND SAVE
You can purchase a bundle of 3 or 5 plug-ins and unlock the Gem plug-ins of your choice.